There are Content API breaking changes for upgrades from Ghost LTS versions to Ghost 1.0 – this will impact you if you're using the Content API from an external site.
There are 2 issues which impact the Content API when accessed from external sites:
- Ghost 0.11.x LTS exports don’t include clients and trusted domains so these aren’t imported to your new site
/shared/ghost-url.min.jsutil has been moved and renamed to
Migrating to Ghost 1.0.0
If you use cURL, AJAX or any other technology on a 3rd party site to pull data from your Ghost blog, you'll need to do the following:
- Make sure you're running at least Ghost 1.1.0.
- If you're not on Ghost(Pro), then your trusted domains will need to be re-added via the database.
- Visit your blog to get the updated snippet - the URL has changed from
/public/ghost-sdk.min.js, and your client credentials may also be different.
- Update your 3rd party site with the new URL, client id and secret (copying the whole snippet is easiest).
- Fix up any field names you're using which have changed. For example: post.image -> post.feature_image.
You're done. Any problems, come chat to us on the Ghost forum.